Friday, September 19, 2014

update on cannonball run

Man I man.  I can't believe that we are already on stage 14.  Our bikes have covered a lot of miles and have not had any real problems or issues.  We had to tighten  up the neck bearings on my dad's 36 and I rotated the tires on my 36.  The rear tire had 7 thousand miles on it and was getting a little thin.  It still has some meat left to it .  I will put a new one on before I ride the bike back to south Dakota.   This is the first big trip that we have used all state tires.   They are really nice and wear well.   I got stuck in the rain on them one day and they did great when compared to other vintage tires .   We got Jasons vl rebuilt and running again.  He is out of the game in points and decided to continue riding our spare bike and having fun rather than beat his head against the wall with his old flathead.   Over 30 percent of the entrants have broken down, given up or fallen out of the range of points needed to finish.  This cannonball has been the most brutal one yet.   Lonnie is going to do a 16 and earlier run in 2016 which is awesome.  The days will be shorter and there will be fewer entrants.

Anyways here are some photos from the last few days.


We stopped by a nice little town called junction city and had a rest day.  I took my dad's hubs apart and inspected them.  They were pretty good. Check out the period correct bike lift
We hung out with the owner of the local dealership and talked old bikes with him.  He has been a dealer for 50 years.  It was pretty cool to talk about how motorcycling had changed over the last five decades.
Thanks to all of our sponsors that chipped in to help.us out on the cannonball.  The run has been a blast and we have met so many cool.people.across the country
Jasons family came to hang.out amd.cheer him.on.
Lock is still working on finding the right tool.to. make his teeth come in.
We stopped In Colorado at David uhls studio.  He threw a great dinner for everyone brittney signed a couple prints of Davids Sturgis painting that has brit and I on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment